Thursday, February 22, 2007

Where the eagles fly, over mountains high...

The subtleties of life abound. The next time you interact with someone of the opposite sex, keep track of a few things. First, your tone of voice. Are you speaking lower than you would usually? Higher? Softer? Second, the way you carry yourself, or more importantly, the way everyone else carries themselves. This is pretty easy if you're still in school or take public transportation. Look at the girls, look at the guys. What do you see? The subtle differences speak volumes.

When I was about 10 years old, I thought the 80's was to music what the weight room is to Bobby Fischer: a total waste of time. At the ripe old age of 22, I've realized that I was a total idiot. Prince was awesome. The Fine Young Cannibals were awesome. Hall and Oates were beyond terrible, but that's ok, because INXS was bitchin'. Not only that, many pictures of me in tiny shorts originated in the 80's. Overall, I'd give that decade a solid B/B+ (Would be at least an A-, but seriously, Hall and Oates were fucking terrible).

What I ate while I wrote this: Nothing, because I just had a shawarma. Quite possibly the world's greatest drunk food. Shaved lamb with lettuce, tomato and onion with plenty of garlic and chili sauces. Totally delicious, combined with a residual freshness in your mouth. It's like brushing your teeth with a burrito.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ugggh we had shwarma for literally every meal for brian's bachelor party weekend in montreal. inlcuding sunday breakfast. excellent brushing teeth analogy.