Tuesday, April 17, 2007

And all I got was this lousy t-shirt

So I haven't written a post in over a month. After all the hype, all the build-up in the press, the product failed to deliver. Such is the life of the job hunter. A crunchy anxiety core wrapped in a flaky crust of worthlessness. It'd be much easier if it didn't seem to matter so much to everyone else, because I don't particularly care.

Personally, I'd like to take a few years of just getting some job that I enjoy, isn't too taxing and pays the rent. College was very fun, and a great chance to learn about myself, but after I spent all that time learning, I'd like more of a chance to apply said knowledge than working 50+ hours licking boots in an office will afford me. I don't want to decide my future. I don't want to choose any career. However, plenty of people feel the need to repeatedly remind me that if I don't get the job now I will a. ruin my chances of getting the right job later and b. be a total, complete failure for wasting my degree and all my perfectly profitable skills. People seem to say that 25 is the new 21, or some crap like that, but nobody actually believes it.

As it is, I'm content with being able to afford a few good beers a week and the occasional exotic dining experience. Maybe I'd like enough money to be able to spend relatively care free, but as I've said in the past, everyone wants a job until they've got one.

And for the record, turkey burgers are much better with rosemary and parsley.

No comments: